Friday, February 14, 2014

love is in the air

In the past I have had a negative feeling about Valentine's Day.  Why should we only celebrate love once a year???  Let's look at it as though we will celebrate love today just a little more than the other days...that way I can feel better about partaking in something I don't really agree with :)

This morning, I made heart shaped pancakes and heart shaped bacon for my "big Valentine"!  My "little Valentine" had a special bottle made with love, no pancakes for him just yet.


 
 

Old Fashioned Pancakes (from Allrecipes.com)

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 Tblspn. sugar
1 1/4 cups milk**
1 egg
3 Tblspn. butter, melted

Whisk ingredients together until smooth.  Add more milk to thin if necessary.  Heat a griddle or frying pan over med-high heat.  Butter pan and scoop pancakes into center of heart shaped cookie cutter.  Once they are set, golden brown and ready to flip over, remove cookie cutter and flip.  Once lightly golden on the other side remove from pan and serve with butter and syrup!

I only had one big heart cookie cutter, so made regular round pancakes and just put the heart pancake on top.

**I ended up adding extra milk to the batter as I made the pancakes because it kept thickening up. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heart Shaped Bacon (As seen on Pinterest)

1 pkg. bacon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Cut bacon slices in half and fold to create hearts.  Place on baking sheet and cook until browned - approximately 15 minutes.

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment